Not Museum Pieces: the Role of Archivists and Librarians in Museums – LMLAG conference
Thursday 10th September 2009, 10.00-17.15
Sainsbury Wing Theatre, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square
London WC2N 5DN
‘Not Museum Pieces’ is about:
• Library and archive projects that are radically changing museum visitors’, communities’ and researchers’ engagement with collections
• Making collections more accessible on the Web and enabling the public to contribute content
• Innovation in information delivery and skills
• Nurturing cross-domain partnerships between library, archive and museum professionals to transform collections access
• The changing skills required of archivists and librarians and whether professional training is delivering these
The conference will interest curators, archivists, librarians, learning specialists, and web and new media people – in fact all who use, or work in, museum libraries and archives and are concerned about their future development.
• Andrew McDonald, Director of Libraries and Learning Services, University of East London.
• Eleanor Gawne, Head of Archive and Library, National Maritime Museum
• Gunter Waibel, Program Officer, RLG Programs, OCLC
• James Watson, Digital Project Manager, National Maritime Museum
• Sarah Lawrance, Collections Director, Seven Stories, Tyneside
• Ruth Crumey ,Your Archives Development Officer, The National Archives
• Jo Elsworth, Director, Theatre Collection, Department of Drama, University of Bristol
• Andrew Flinn, Programme Director, Archives and Records Management, University College London Department of Information Studies
• Nicola Franklin, Head of Information Recruitment, Sue Hill Recruitment
• Marion Huckle, Head, Qualifications and Professional Development, CILIP
Conference Fee: £30 including VAT, concessions £25 incl. VAT, students £10 incl. VAT
Details and booking:
NOTE: Tea and coffee, morning and afternoon, are included in the price but to keep the conference fee low, lunch is not included. The National Gallery has a café and there is a wide choice of cafés and restaurants within a short walk of the Gallery.
LMLAG (London Museum Librarians and Archivists Group) is an informal group of archivists and librarians in museums and galleries in London. We aim to promote best practice, meet the needs and aspirations of museums and their developing audiences, promote opportunities learn from each other and from others, and raise awareness of our present and potential abilities among museums and the archive and library professions.
LMLAG would like to thank the National Gallery for providing a venue for the Not Museum Pieces conference and undertaking booking services.