Museum Week comes to twitter again 23-29 March 2015 (Get involved!)
Museum Week 23 – 29 March 2015
It is here again for the 2nd year and this year why not take part and join in the fun?!
Each day there is a different theme, offering us all an opportunity to demonstrate the variety, breadth and relevance of all areas of our collections………and sharing this with twittersville!
From my experience of Museum Week 2014 the amount of interactions with people and other institutions as a result of our tweets was huge! In particular new interactions with those who had not not come across us before. We had some fascinating conversations with people about our collections and why they found them interesting and exciting. We also learnt an incredible amount about the collections of other organisations and discovered common ground.
We all know the potential our collections have in the broad interest that they can have, well this week really enables us to show that.
Here is a list of the tags for each day, click on each to find out more:
What to do next??
- Read more via Mar Dixon’s blog http://www.mardixon.com and http://museumweek2015.org
- Pass the information to your team and start thinking of clever ways your collections could be used for the different days. Don’t always think straight down the line, be creative and have fun! You may only have a few people tweeting on behalf of your organisation, but you have a bigger pool of staff with a head full of brilliant ideas!!
- Schedule your tweets now and save time!
- Don’t have access to your own library/archive twitter account? Get chatting now to the staff who mange your museum/organisation twitter account. Is your organisation already registered as taking part? As i write this so far 799 museums have signed up!!
Limited resources? How much time and effort is needed?
- Each MLAG member has their own unique collections, play to your strengths. Look at the themes and choose the one that you know you can offer material for.
- For bigger organisations with numerous twitter accounts, share your efforts out and spread out the work! After all variety is the spice of life!!
- Sites such as Tweetdeck and Hootsuite allow you to schedule tweets ahead of time, including those with an image.
@MLAGuk will retweet as much as possible through the week. But if you have anything in particular you wish to promote message us or email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best.
If you have a personal twitter account, join in and help us by retweeting and liking tweets by Museum accounts particularly promoting library and archive collections, staff and users.